Sunday, November 7, 2010

Dahab

 Dahab is so different from the rest of Egypt, we can walk down the streets in our bikinis without any issue.  So unlike other cities where showing shoulders or wearing shorts attracts a lot of attention.

My highlight today was snorkeling along the coral reef.  It beats just about any experience I've ever had.  I would love to bring Dale & my boys to Egypt, to see the sights and especially snorkel.  I was swimming with a kaleidescope of fish, every color you can imagine, a true rainbow under the sea.  The water is very salty, so I can swim and float effortlessly, easily for an hour without needing to touch down.  I have never seen so many colors of fish, some just inches from my fingers, some tiny, others very large.  It was incredibly thrilling!  Below me were scuba divers, I'd swim through their bubbles.  Florescent colored fish, stripes of purples and yellows, reds, etc.  It was freaking awsome!

desert mountains from the plane on my flight across Egypt

the road in front of our flat

looking the other way down the road

the back lane from the hostel to our flat

main area of hostel.
they provided a great complimentary breakfast, a selection of foods that was a great welcome after 8 days of white bread for breakfast at the hotels.

Main walkway along the Rea Sea in Dahab

Michelle lounging in 32 degrees in the gulf of Aqaba

the Red Sea!

Michelle in snorkel gear

Red Sea Relax, our hostel.  basically every place along the beach has a scuba diving shop.

goats eating garbage on our street

beside our flat.  The goats are bleating all day long.  smells like a farm.

inside our flat.  we can cook a meal here for $2 for both of us, or eat out for $3 CDN each.  Today for $3 I had rice with grilled veggies, soup, salad and bread.  yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment