Saturday, November 6, 2010

Photos - Kom Ombo temple

Kom Ombo TempleThe region around this temple actually has farms.  Much more greenery and trees than I have seen so far.  even tractors. This temple was built by a Ptolomy.  There are carvings showing the medical equipment that they used at the time, most of which we still use today.  As I was leaving this temple, one local stopped me and asked me if I needed an Egyptian husband!
Kom Ombo Temple  
built by one of the Ptolomys.


The temples are pretty cool, but I admit, it's just another temple after a while.  I have seen my fill on this trip.  



All of these carvings used to be painted.  Sun exposure over thousands of years means no more paint.   but inside temples, some things are still painted, as they are preserved from the light.

This was the roof top of our hotel in Aswan.  I loved sitting up here!

this carving shows a calendar.  one horseshoes means 10 days.




i saw a few tractors in this region.  much more green than other parts of Egypt I've seen

No comments:

Post a Comment